Welcome to History
Why learn History?
The study of History will help our pupils understanding of their local area, their country and the wider world. It will give them a wider understanding of the world they live in and help them answer difficult questions such as:
- Why do wars happen?
- Why is Britain a democracy?
- How did Britain become a major power?
- What do we mean by left and right wing in politics?
- Why do we have a welfare system?
- How have we come to live in a multi-cultural society?
History will also teach our pupils a range of important skills that will help them in their future studies and careers. These skills include:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- How to construct an argument
- Research skills
- Investigation and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and interpretation skills
Finally studying History can lead on to exciting job opportunities in the future in careers such as: